Principles of Privacy
- We are responsible for the proper management of all personal information under our control, and are accountable for compliance.
- We shall identify the purposes of collecting information before or at the time the information is collected.
- We require our agents to obtain consent from our clients before or when we collect, use or disclose personal information except where inappropriate.
LIMITING COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purpose identified.
LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE & RETENTION
- We shall use or disclose personal information only for the reason it was collected, except with the consent of our clients or as required by law.
- We shall keep personal information as accurate, complete, current and relevant as necessary for its identified purpose. Clients may amend information found to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- We shall protect personal information with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
OPENNESS CONCERNING POLICIES & PRACTICES
- We shall make readily available to our clients specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Upon written request, we shall inform our client of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall give them access to that information.
- Clients shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated accountable person in our office.